Keep a Hand on Your Brand
Over 250 retail industry influencers attended the 2009 National Retail Summit. Susan Parker, along with Becky Powell-Schwartz of The Powell Group, demonstrated how marketing and public relations work together to protect a brand through brand management in a break out session. The following is an excerpt from that presentation.
The 5 Cs
- Connection - Engage all audiences by understanding their perspective and the relevance of your brand to them.
Do you know your influencers, best customers and those that avoid your brand?
- Contemporary - Anticipate needs and continually evolve - either you are changing or dying.
Does your target audience look to you for what is new and to make their life better?
- Collaboration - It takes the entire organization to consistently deliver a brand promise.
Is each interaction with your customer one that adds value to the customer and your company?
- Credibility - How you "Walk the Talk" makes or breaks long-term brand value.
Do your target audiences trust you and serve you up as a good example?
- Community - Genuinely invest in valuable relationships to build loyalty.
Are your target audiences proud to be part of your brand club?